Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Indentifying the Breeds of Rabbit

 Ok Now we are Talking fun!
 The project says to find 10 Breeds , with 10 pictures and 10 short descriptions. Easy right? Easy until you realize that there are approx. 180 breeds and varieties. From of them you must chose 10.Luckily I had read Storey's Book on raising rabbits and had some pointer's in a direction. Since I already knew what I was looking to use them for I headed off in that direction.

I wanted a smallish rabbit It is an urban farm after all and I needed to be careful about space. I also wanted good fur. I love the feel of rabbit fur. In fact the longish hair was important. I also wanted them to be pretty, because I wanted to show my guys. I  also wanted them to be  cute and good tempered in case I wanted to sell or give one away as a pet.

With my List...This is my downlable list if you want!
I sat down And Looked for just 10 and came up with 11. Here They are:

































 I Love this one's Versatility!


































But This is the best Meat Rabbit!


































  I love how challenging this one would be to create a show quality Animal.


































I Love how small This one is... it would fill the need for small. Some call this one a cony-burger with ears, face and feet.


































Wool That says everything to me!


































I have always love the fur of the Satins.


































 This one isn't Versatile enough!


































 I love this one's Shape but it's rather big.


































 He's Cute But honestly to Small... he would be 1 meal.


































 Ok Honestly I Think This one is Cute..... But Not very Practical for my needs!


































Now this one is Darling but not much use for anything but a pet!


With all This being true I have only been able to Narrow My breeds down to the First 5.... ( Lord Help)

  1. Silver Fox
  2. New Zealand
  3. California
  4. Florida White
  5. Giant Angora Ruby Eyed-White

 I gave all my reasons above. So I have more time, but these are my Finalist.














No comments:

Post a Comment